When the French Post Office, La Poste, decided to segment the sorting and delivery of mail, a new sorting table with a digital interface was offered to postal workers. Designing this interactive screen was a real UX challenge, as it had to create the least amount of new job executions to fit into a timed process.
- 1000 tables currently being installed
La Poste, which is undergoing profound changes in its mail delivery business, has launched an action plan to adapt to variations in flows: less mail and more parcels. This is why, from now on, in a sorting centre, a postal worker no longer carries out the entire delivery activity: there are preparatory postal workers and distribution postal workers. New tools, particularly digital ones, were then put in place. In this culture, which is so far removed from digital, special attention must be paid to how professionals use it if the changeover is to go smoothly.
- 1Immersion in the field
- 2Exploration of 3 concepts
- 3Workshop defining the target vision
- 4Formalisation of the concept
- 5Web development of a mock-up
- 6On-site testing of the interaction
- 7Prioritisation and deployment roadmap